Friday 11 March 2011

Events

So my sister is an awesome being because she just nabbed two tickets to the toronto-habs game for april 9-their last game before the playoffs. And holy shit am I excited. But of course I can't be excited for an extended length of time without having something else looming over me. This is my final exams, which OF COURSE have to be scheduled on the 9th and 13th of April. BUT exam is from 12-2 and game doesn't start until 7. My plan is: studying 10x longer before the 9th (for both exams at once), write exam, go to game, leave at 6am the next day because I don't live in toronto, and study for the remaining 3 days for my next exam on the 13th. This is the plan. Whether I actually stick to it or not is dependent on a myriad of factors in addition to the inconsistencies of my moods. But this game's very important, because it is montreal, and because it is toronto. (also the spectacular $200+ seats dont hurt either).


In more serious news, I would like to mention the increasing number of lives that were lost in Japan today as a result of the 8.5 scale earthquake and subsequent tsunami. I hope that Japan gets all the help that they need to re-build their cities that were devastated by the disaster, and salvage what was lost once the waters recede.


Now I am off to watch the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy with my sister (who has never seen it, so its her first time), and I am a little anxious. I made her start reading the books recently, and she is almost finished the restaurant at the end of the universe, and LOVES the series (as I suspected she would because we are a lot alike lol). But I do not want to tarnish the images of the characters and setting that she has in her head by showing that movie (which I thought was a terrible adaptation of the book like almost every film adaptation of a book in human history), but she cannot be talked out of it. Believe me, I've tried.


Todays Tea: Chamomile
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment